Without prejudice..with open minded.. welcome to my blog; where I share because I care. :)

Friday 10 April 2015

#38 Story: Pen pal

The boy was reluctantly biting his lower lips. He held the small gift box firmly inside his jacket's pocket. The girl stood in front of him, waiting for him to speak.

He was her pen pal and she was visiting his country with her friends. They had exchange correspondence for months and finally get the chance to meet.

Earlier this morning, as they walked in the park with their group of friends, the girl spotted her favourite band members and got excited. She hugged them and for the vocalist, her favourite member, she hugged him few times. She took pictures with them and the vocalist, Fujiwara was very kind to her.  He watched her excitement and felt a bit pang of jealousy.
In the cold night of winter, both of them stood outside a restaurant while their friends were enjoying their meals inside.

He went out to clear his mind of the mixed feelings he had been having. She excused herself to make a phone call to her parents back home. Then, she joined him and caught him startled. Because he was busy thinking to himself about her.

"So, you haven't told me why are you standing outside by yourself?" she asked again, raising her right eyebrow.

"I.. I just wanted to clear my head. That's..all. Yeah, that's all," he stammered.
"Oh, okay. Hmm.." She paused. She looked as though she was thinking on saying something.

"Yes? You want to say something?" He asked.

"Kind of. But maybe nevermind. I should head back," she replied.

"Oh." Deep inside he was hoping that they can spend more private time together though.

As she took her steps, she stopped few times. Being undecided, she turned to him again. She inhaled deeply as she looked at him. Exhaling, she asked, "You got something in your pocket, right?"

"Ah? I.. no..no.."

"Don't lie, Ayato. What is it?" She asked again. She too, wanted to spend more time with him, alone.

"It's.. Well, I will tell you if you tell me what is it that you want to say just now. Deal?" He smiled like a child. Not that he was confident that that was a good step to take but he just didn't know what else to say.

The girl thought for few seconds. "Okay. Deal," she decided. "But you must show me what it is first," she said.

"Okay. But! You promise to tell?" He needed assurance from her. "Yes, promise!"

"Hmm..okay then." He slowly took out the small gift box and shown it to here. "So cute!" She remarked with a wide smile. "Somebody gave to you?" she asked, inspecting the little box without touching it.

He shook his head. "I wanted to give it to someone." He replied. As she looked up to him, he added, "To you. Take it." He slightly moved his hand forward to her. She blinked her eyes few times in disbelief. She took the box anyway.

She found a pretty bracelet with half heart pendant attached to it inside the box. She smiled with excitement.

"I love it!! Thank you!!" She jumped and hugged him. He was taken by surprise. He hugged her back with mixed feelings.

"So, what is it that you wanted to say just now?" He asked, reminding her of their deal. She broke away from the hug. She turned around, as if making sure nobody nearby.

She gestured him to get closer to her, since he is taller than her anyway. She moved closer to his ear and whispered, "I like Ayato. Because you are kind and wondeful friend."

She smiled as he turned to her slowly. He felt much more confused now. Did he just got friend-zoned, as they said it in the internet?

"Like?"

"Yes, 'suki'. Ayato-kun no koto ga daisuki da," she said.

His face turned red. "Nana, that is.. you sound like you just confessed to me. I mean the Japanese sentence you were using.." he murmured.

"Eahhh.. you're right. Hehe. But.. I do really like you."

"Nana, if I asked you out.. will you go out with me?"

"Eh?!"

"Because I.. I really like Nana," he shyly confessed. She was surprised. "But you like Fujiwara-san. You were so excited and smiling the whole day after you met him," he added.

She chuckled at his words. "Baka..."

"Fuji-kun is an artist. There's no way I can be with him. I mean, not like how I can be with you, right?" She said.

He finally turned to her again. "You mean...?"

"I've told you, I do really like you. And since you've asked.. yeah, I would like to go out with you! Hehehe," she said, stepping closer to him.

He hugged her, tighter this time. She hugged him back.

No comments:

Post a Comment